Sunday, May 13, 2012

Photo of the Week: Week 19


The Carnival rides had just turned on, zooming loudly into the air, causing my subject to freeze in awe. I've always had a fondness for silhouettes and taking pictures of the backs of people, much to my photo editor's dismay. What I love about it is that when it's done properly, you don't even need to see their face to know what they're feeling. He is so small compared to the pavilion he's standing under and the rides that he was fascinated/frightened by.

After a few minutes of watching him watch, we left. He picked up my hand and said, "I don't think I want to ride that ride, even when I'm older." I asked why not and he answered, "I think I'm afraid of heights." I gave his hand a squeeze and told him, "I'm afraid of heights, too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment