Sunday, December 4, 2011

Santa visits Bigelow Tea, James steals the show


Not every shoot is as glamorous as a concert, but these are the ones that help pay the bills. There's something innately bizarre about your father dressing up as Santa. At least he's not as creepy as Valley Santa. Oh, some of you don't know about Valley Santa? Just you wait!

My family got together to meet Santa at Bigelow's headquarters in Fairfield. There was a magician before and cookies after and lots of kids that had their picture taken with the jolly man. I won't bore you with all the posed pictures. Instead, I'll stick to the ones that really showcase the personalities in my family. James pretty much dominated the day.

 James strolls in cool as a cucumber

 Grace was not a fan of Santa. She preferred the safety of Dad's arms.

 Aria was indifferent towards the man in red

When Santa walked in, James was thrilled.  But when he got closer, I don't think he was as excited...
I love this moment so much, I can't tell you. The utter joy on the face of the boy on the right 
contrasted by James' balled up fists and stare at Santa's hand = hilarious!

He got over it pretty quickly and posed with Grandma for a really nice shot! To his credit, he realized, "Pappy is disguised as Santa!"


And then proceeded to photo bomb me. Thanks James!

I'm working on a Christmas music playlist that covers my wide taste in music, but I'm starting off with my new favorite by Dan Hicks & the Hot Licks. Be sure to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment