Saturday, December 3, 2011

Mia, Meaghers & Muffins, oh my!

Mia celebrating her first birthday

Family Feud outtake at the annual Meagher Portraits

 A plethora of corn muffins made by yours truly

I've once again fallen behind on my blog. Thanksgiving was a busy holiday with my mom being on the disabled list and last week at the office was hectic with a member of my department on vacation. The first couple of pictures speak for themselves, but the last one might have you scratching your head a bit. Let me tell you about recipes...

I've got this issue with reading recipes from my mother's cookbook, which is super ironic because I'm the one that wrote them all out. Granted, I was 12 or something at the time, but my mom liked my handwriting, so there you go. There was an incident that my family still likes to tell about the first time I tried to make chocolate chip cookies. My parents were coming home from vacation, so my oldest brother suggested I make cookies for them. He brought me all the ingredients, gave me the recipe book and left me alone in the kitchen. Biiiiiig mistake. I called him in about a half hour later asking him if he knew where mom kept the extra salt. He looked at me incredulously, "How did you use up all that salt?" I replied that the recipe called for four cups of salt. I went to point this out, and realized that I had skipped a line. It should've been four cups of flour, only about a teaspoon of salt. Whoopsie! There was no way to salvage those cookies.

20 years later, I still can't follow recipes. I ended up having to double the batch of corn muffins to make things better, but it all worked out in the end. Can you guess the one thing that James decided to eat for Thanksgiving? That's right. A corn muffin.

To this day, I don't add salt to any recipe. I learned my lesson!

2 comments:

  1. "incredulously"... Check out the big brain on Audra! Great pic of Mia! I like that shes a constant in your blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete