Thursday, December 29, 2011

Best of 2011: 11 New Things



Back in June, I posted about a list of things I wanted to accomplish this year. See the full post here. Here is the updated list:

1. Start a blog.

2. Tackle Photo Junction.
  • I never got around to this. I'm toying with the idea of buying layouts from another photographer and I'm also looking into outsourcing album design. I've really been dragging my feet with album design. There is a reason, but I'm not willing to explain myself. Yet.
3. Always carry a camera.
4. Read more.
5. Track spending.
6. Take a vacation where I leave the state.
7. Do a pull up.
  • I've been banned from the gym this week as I recover from my respiratory illness, but this goal wasn't going to happen this year. I've been consistently sick since October and I haven't been able to work out. I'm really going to focus on this next year.
8. Break up with my orthopedic surgeon.
9. Be craftier.
  • I did a couple craft projects, but nothing that I was really thrilled with. I have been collecting screen shots of things that inspire me. Eventually, I'll be inspired again.
10. Visit Andrew in DC.
  • I had a weekend set aside for this, but I had to cancel on Andrew at the last minute. I was feeling pretty worn out, so I stayed home and rested. The next weekend were the Eels concerts. I'm glad I didn't keep going as I tend to do so often and make myself sick because a lot of good things came from the next weekend.
11. Write in my journal again.
  • Didn't happen, but you know what? I ended up turning my blog into a platform for my thoughts and sometimes my feelings. I try to stay pretty positive on here, so it's not everything that's going on in my life, but I'm learning to share more. Who needs a stupid journal anyway?
I'm 6 for 11, although I feel like #11 is also a victory for me and seeing how this is my blog, I'm going to say I am 7 for 11. I plan on carrying over whatever I didn't accomplish into my list for 2012. I already know one of them will be crossed off!

1 comment:

  1. Now that holiday madness is over (almost) you should come hang out. I can teach you photojunction :)

    ReplyDelete