Sunday, August 14, 2011

I really think this is what I should be doing with my life...



I don't know how I'm supposed to make this happen, I don't know how I could have forgotten how much I love doing this. It really is my passion, and I've dreamed of doing it since I was twelve years old. It doesn't matter to me who I'm shooting. From my work with Christina Abbott and my first published live album photos, to a local singer Maureen Hamil I covered for the Bridgeport News for my first official assignment for Hometown Publications, to Kate Miller-Heidke an opening act that won me over with their cheekiness, to a ridiculously passionate picture of Livingston Taylor (how can you not love a man in a sweater vest, plaid bow tie, rainbow guitar strap brandishing his guitar like a machine gun?) to Ben Folds as he walks off stage at the end of his encore. As anyone who's been around me in the past two weeks, I've been on a high as I reviewed my latest Eels pictures and processed them. I'm good at it, I'm progressing, I'm growing. I would love to do this for a living. I don't even care about the money aspect of it.

I've finally uploaded a slew of concert photos onto my main gallery. If you're curious, the best I can do is point you here. You have to then select the concerts folder. I know, annoying, but I can't link directly to folders because of the flash animation. 

What do you think, readers? Do I have what it takes? Am I just too scared to take a chance?

No comments:

Post a Comment