Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hotel Lights CD Release Concert



Good morning loyal readers! I'm running on about 2 hours of sleep right now because I wanted to get these pictures processed and up before I'm gone for the weekend. Last night was the Hotel Lights concert in Brooklyn. Very different experience than my last journey, but equally enjoyable. As I've said before on here, Hotel Lights is one of my favorites, so I was really excited to see them perform as a band. I saw Darren play solo back in 2000 and it's great to see how much he's grown as an artist over the years. The new album, Girl Graffiti, is incredible. Beautiful melodies, instrumentation and lyrics that you need a few listens to fully appreciate.

Although a cozy environment, The Rock Shop didn't give me a whole lot of light to work with, so a lot of my pictures have been converted to black and white. Still, a nice set. I didn't have the chance to write down a full set list, but the music spanned all three albums, including, but not limited to: Girl Graffiti, Dave Sharkey To The Dance Floor, Anatole, Marvelous Truth, AM Slow Golden Hit, Amelia Bright, Chemical Clouds, All My Asshole Friends, Super 8MM, and Small Town Shit. Enjoy!








 








Thanks for a great concert, Darren! And now for a blast from the past...


1 comment: