Wednesday, August 15, 2012

About to add another check on my 12 things list


I'm going to a photo exhibit in the city tomorrow called 480 Pixels: An Exhibition of Brooklyn Vegan's Photography. Learn more about it here. If you've been following this blog for a while, you might remember that one of my goals this year is to contact and learn from other concert photographers. You also might remember that I wanted to go to another photo exhibit earlier in the year, but a prior commitment prevented me from attending.

My nerves are starting to kick in. It feels like high school all over again. I view these photographers as the cool kids and I so desperately want to be a part of their club. What if they don't like me? What if they won't talk to me? What if I don't have the courage to actually go up to them and say a single word? Ah, self doubt, you're such a punk.

I think I've been making pretty strong strides this year and these are exactly the people I need advice from. I've gotten to the point where I need guidance in order to continue. This is a great opportunity and I really need to get over my fear. After all:


No comments:

Post a Comment