Thursday, June 28, 2012

Throwback Thursday


This week's Throwback Thursday post is from Milford Camera Shop's Christmas Party. It has to be from at least 2001 because I'm drinking a beer at a restaurant. There's some nice ghosting and light trails going on, compliments to Trainer Steve who took the picture. Left to right are: Dave, myself and Spooner.

My days as a specialty lab print technician and sales associate at the camera shop were some of the most formative in my life. I learned so much from all the photographers there and formed friendships that are lasting till this day.

I had the opportunity to meet up with Dave over the weekend. He moved to Texas several years ago, so we don't get to see each other all that much anymore. What made this visit extra special was that we got to talking about our goals and what we want to be doing with our lives. As much as I share on this blog, I don't open up to many people in conversation. For some reason, I always thought there would be this clear path in life. This is what I want to be when I grow up, so this is how I go about doing it. It's not easy admitting that you actually have no clue in life.

Dave's been going through the same struggles with what he's passionate about: films. He listened to the successes I've had up to this point, praised what I've done, listened to my plan of action then said something that meant more to me than he probably knew: You're doing exactly what you should be, Aud.

That's some powerful stuff. Thanks for that, Dave!

No comments:

Post a Comment