Sunday, June 3, 2012

Photo of the Week: Week 22


I really wanted to get away from people this week and do some nature photography. When I saw the stumps of sycamore tree, I grabbed the macro and went to town.

My favorite book growing up was Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls. I loved it so much, I asked my parents to get me two redbone hounds so I could hunt raccoons. They both laughed and asked me where I was going to hunt raccoons in Milford, Connecticut, the sewers? I got a Shih Tzu instead. In the book, the first night Billy takes the dogs hunting, they tree a raccoon in the largest sycamore tree in the forest. Billy made a promise to his dogs that he would take care of the rest as long as the dogs treed the coon. It takes him days to chop it down. It's a great story about hard work, determination and love, and I think that fits perfectly with this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment