Tuesday, June 5, 2012

This came in the mail Friday


Being a former band geek, I started playing trumpet in the fourth grade and continued all the way through my time at URI, I've always supported music. I think that the arts are great for everyone, but especially for kids. It gives them an outlet that they might not find anywhere else. It gave me some of my best friends who to this day are still a part of my life.

Ben Folds' touring piano was ruined in the 2010 Nashville Flood and he wanted to find a positive spin to it. He autographed keys to this piano and sold them through the Nashville Symphony. The donations will help support the Symphony, which in turn will provide instruments to kids in public music programs. I can think of no better way to spend my money than to support something that made such a difference in my life.


The piano key is pure bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment