Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Even the losers...


I entered a photo contest last month; details including my submission are here.

The contest finally posted the first round of results a full week after they planned on. I like to think I messed up their system with the quality photo I submitted. Now I read the rules multiple times before entering this contest, and nowhere did it say that the entries had to be cell phone pictures, yet all the photos are exactly that.

FYI, I'm not included in the top twenty.

It doesn't matter who you are, when you put forth an effort and get nothing for that, it effects you. My confidence was a bit shaken. It might be an artist thing, it might be an Audra thing. I don't know, but at least I'm learning to take the losses in stride.

If I had allowed myself to wallow in pity and self doubt, I wouldn't have sent out an email. And if I didn't send out an email, I wouldn't have gotten one of the best compliments of my life.

You'll see. Even the losers get lucky sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment