Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Welcome Back, Ben Folds Five!


Ben Folds Five performing at the University of Rhode Island, 1999

Ben Folds' retrospective album, Best Imitation of Myself is out today! I'll be picking up my copy before I head in to work. The three disk set compiles rarities, demos, live material and three "new" songs by Ben Folds Five. I use the quotation marks because one of the songs is just Ben Folds Five covering a song off Hotel Lights' debut CD, Stumbling Home Winter Blues. Still, it's new material from the boys, and I'm looking forward to hearing it. There have been rumors that this will lead to future collaboration between Ben, Robert and Darren. A tour would be much appreciated, as long as it doesn't distract from the brilliant work Darren has been producing with his own band.

What I'm really looking forward to is seeing if any of the photos I submitted are used. I plan on doing a post later on that talks about albums as a whole, including the artwork and liner notes. Until then, keep your fingers crossed!


Ben Folds conducting the audience atop his piano at Western CT State University, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment