Saturday, October 29, 2011

Caturday and Grace Face


Grumpy Addy

Today we're celebrating Grace's birthday. I can't believe she'll be a year old tomorrow! Grace was born the day before Halloween in Sleepy Hollow, which is pretty darn cool. 

I've continued the tradition of ridiculous birthday music with my nephew and nieces. Growing up, my brother Nick and I had our own personalized songs from Captain Zoom. Well, Nick did. As with all things, they didn't actually have a version with my name on it. To make me feel better, my oldest brother recorded over the generic "Special Little Girl" in the song. It's done really well considering he was only nine years old at the time. To this day, my mother still plays this song every morning on my birthday. She's even played it for me over the phone. The best part is that Jimmy is basically shouting my name. Happy birthday AUDRA!!!! See you next yeeeeeeeeear!

For some reason, I couldn't stop laughing at this screen shot when I went to order Grace's version.




 

I think I'm going to call her Grace Face from now on


And if you're wondering, Captain Zoom has really gotten with the times. Not only is there a version for Audra now, there's pretty much a version for every name you can imagine. I have purchased the new Audra version, but I've never listened to it. I think the manufactured version is better than anything Captain Zoom could do himself.

I also picked up a copy of the album Roll Play from iTunes for Grace. I came across it when searching for new songs from Andy Stochansky. Who knew he sang a song on a kids album? It's got a pretty good mix of artists. Murray of the defunct Moxy Fruvous now sings with Great Big Sea and they're on this album too. I love when my music world collides! I've put a sampling on my playlist over to the right. I'm only disappointed that the octopus is named Audrey and not Audra. Maybe I can get Jimmy to fix that song for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment