Thursday, October 20, 2011

Kingston Trio 10.15.11


Every concert you go to is different. Sometimes it's your favorite band. Sometimes it's someone you haven't seen in years. Sometimes it's an artist you've heard great things about. Sometimes it's an experience that engages all your senses.

Sometimes it's about the people you go with.

For me, the Kingston Trio is just a feel good time. The venue is cabaret style, which means you are allowed to bring your own food and drinks. My friends and I plan ahead to make sure we have the best spread. I don't go to see the Trio because I know all the songs. I go to enjoy some good music with a lot of good friends. I wish I could have a posse with me every show that I go to, but I know it's just not possible. We all have lives and most have families of their own now, but I'm still glad that we can get together every couple of years and go to this show.

This year, we were up on the balcony, and it's by far my favorite place to be. I don't have to fight for position, I have an unobstructed view and with my SLR, I can get all the angles I want. And, as you've already seen, I was able to get my shoes shot.

Without any more of my babbling, here are some pictures from the night:



















To all my friends that made it to the concert, a big thanks. It wouldn't have been a show without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment