Saturday, January 18, 2014

Caturday


Happy Caturday!

This week, I'm featuring my little munchkin, Addy. If you follow me on social media, you know that Addy has had a rough week. She's been getting sores on her chin on and off for a while now, but when I came home Sunday, I knew we were going to have to do something about it. It turns out that Addy has cat acne, which yes, is a real thing, and Addy actually had cystic acne. Our trip to the vet included shaving her chin, cleaning out the open sores and getting an antibiotic shot. At least I don't have to try to give her pills! It took a couple of days, but Addy came around and realized I was looking out for her best interests and we're friends again.

I've been really lucky with Addy health wise and I can't believe she's already going to be nine years old. The whole ordeal made me really grateful. I think we take our pets for granted sometimes, and it's not until something bad happens that we realize just how lucky we are to have them. I can't tell you how touched I was when she came out of hiding and curled up with me in bed. She gave me a lick as I pet her as if to say all was forgiven.

Give your pets a big hug and spend some time playing with them. They are only here for a short while and make our lives so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment