Monday, July 30, 2012

Has it only been one year?



The mind boggles as I think about how much has changed since this picture was taken. It feels like it was a lifetime ago that I was bringing my point and shoot camera to concerts, with hopes and dreams of doing something more with this passion for concert photography. I never dared share these aspirations with anyone, much less all the readers that visit this blog. Thank you for being here.


Thanks to the Eels for being an inspiration to me and to their webmaster Jake for being the first band to use my pictures. The day I got that email, I was bouncing around the office like a kid at Christmas. It gave me the courage and determination to keep going and taking chances and I will forever be thankful for that.


This video gives you an idea of the reaction the fans have to the band. I love how E can't even cut the song properly because the fans are cheering so loud. He shrugs several times, unsure what to do and looks to the rest of the band for help.

Although there is no Eels tour this summer, I have a lot to look forward to. There are some amazing experiences on the horizon for me, but these two concerts are where it all started.



No comments:

Post a Comment