Thursday, February 23, 2012

Throwback Thursdays


As soon as I mentioned the fourth Indiana Jones movie, I knew what my next Throwback Thursday series would be. A very short segment of the movie was shot in New Haven, Connecticut in 2007. You can read more about it here. My brother and I made it down to the set the last weekend; it was a Sunday afternoon and they weren't filming, but all the props were still there. I loved all the old cars.


The refaced store fronts were absolutely astounding. No detail was overlooked. Traffic lights were taken down because they wouldn't have fit the era. They even placed old magazines in the front of shops. It was like you were in bizarro New Haven of the 1950s. Movie magic at its best. The attention to detail was particularly striking because all that you see in the movie is a chase scene. You really don't even notice the stores or the cars parked on the streets. You can recognize the architecture of Yale, but besides that, you really don't see all the amazing details.


As we left the set, I got into my first car accident. Going a whopping five miles per hour, I rear ended an SUV. My little Toyota Corolla went right under the bumper of the other car, causing thousands of dollars worth of damage to my car. The SUV didn't even have a scratch on it. When I saw the movie with my brothers in the theater, the comment was made during the motorcycle chase scene: "Hey look! It's part of Audra's car!"

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome Audra. Nice to see some of the details. A friend of mine got a picture from a distance of Harrison Ford during filming, I will see if I can find it. I would've loved to have had advance notice or I would've been down there in a heart beat.

    ReplyDelete