Thursday, February 9, 2012

Throwback Thursdays


I'm gearing up for my second concert of the year. I'll be heading to the city for what I can only hope will be a fantastic spectacle: Bjork performing at the New York Hall of Science. I can't wait to meet up with some of my old Cafe friends and experience this!

I decided to try another weekly post called Throwback Thursdays, where I'll post old pictures. I think it will be fun to see how I've grown as a photographer. It's funny, at the time I thought I took some amazing pictures, but when I look back at them, I cringe. I'm sure I'll feel the same way about pictures I took last year in ten years time. Above is what I though was a really cool shadow of the name of the cafe that we all worked at. When I first started, I closed most shifts. I don't miss the days of working till 1AM.



These are some of the amazing ladies I used to work with and this was taken on my last day of work. I'll be going to the concert tonight with She', she's on the far left, and I'll be meeting up with Laura after, second from the left.


This is another oldie but a goodie! I randomly bumped into Elena and Laura on the train. I was going to see Spamalot with my brother and we took a detour to see The Gates, an exhibit by Christo. (Remember, I was an Art History major, so things like this get me really excited!)


Hopefully, I'll have some new pictures of the cafe girls to share, along with concert pics!

UPDATE: At 2:30, my phone blew up with frantic texts from my friends. The show has been canceled due to illness. Although I'm getting a full refund, all the other dates are completely sold out and I'm not willing to pay nearly double the price for tickets from StubHub. Why not offer us another concert when she has a residency going on? Poorly done, Bjork.
Thank God for William Shatner, next weekend, otherwise I would've failed my concert every month goal. My fate is in your very capable hands, Mr. Shatner...

No comments:

Post a Comment