Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Maple Story Music!




In case you didn't know it, I can be a really big dork at times. Case in point: my excitement over my latest find. I was waiting for the last section of the day and thought, hey, I wonder if anyone has Maple Story music out there. Maple Story is a fun side scrolling game which allows you to play with your buddies online. I haven't played it in years, but it did take up a large chunk of time when I moved into my studio apartment in Seymour. Hey, I didn't have cable or Netflix yet. Besides it being fun to virtually hang out with friends who lived in other states, I LOVED the music. For anyone out there that shares my affinity for game music, here you go:



I was an archer and my hometown was Henesys.



One of my favorite/worst memories was the night I decided to hunt Evil Eyes with Andrew. I left the computer for a minute to pour myself another drink, checking with Andrew first that he'd protect me. I came back to the screen to find poor Druhh dead. You lost all experience levels when you died in this game, so it was a major pain. Thanks again for that, Dru! But, in his defense, he did rescue Karl from the Eos Tower...



By far, my favorite soundtrack comes from Sleepywood. Such a chill place to take a break from all the monster hunting in the dungeons that even had a sauna.


Here's my character's, Druhh, progression. From my lowly training days, to my full fledged bowman status, and even one with my faithful pet pig, Wilbur. I nearly fell over laughing to find that I still had this image!

After all this, I'm almost tempted to start playing again. Except for the fact that I wouldn't remember any of the keyboard shortcuts and from my quick link posting for this blog entry, it looks like a ton has changed on the game. So tonight, I'm going to listen to some great tuneage and dream about Druhh and Wilbur fighting some wild boar. Here's hoping she finally finds that diamond she's been looking for for the past 3 levels!

1 comment:

  1. Yup, I listen often and Sleepywood is also my favorite, as is the music just outside of it. Some other memorable ones too :)

    ReplyDelete