Sunday, May 22, 2011

After the Rapture/Raptor? Mac & Cheese



As promised, pictures of my creation: After the Rapture/Raptor? Mac & Cheese. My original idea was to use all dinosaur shaped pasta, which, I discovered is not readily available. I did come across some Chef Boyardee dinosaur shapes, so I rinsed those off and combined them with other pasta shapes that I thought would be appropriate for the end of the world: crazy bugs and a few heathens left behind for hell on earth. Then, I added dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets into the mix. I couldn't decide if the larger dinosaurs were going to be stuck in the mac and cheese like a tar pit or if they were eating the bugs and heathens left behind after the rapture. Unfortunately, the mac and cheese shapes aren't very recognizable after being baked with tons of extra sharp cheddar cheese, brie and panko bread crumbs, however, it tasted outstanding.

Oh, hey, we're all still alive. How about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment