Sunday, May 1, 2011

First Hike of the Year


I just got back from my first hike of the year. I finally got to use my Christmas present from my brother and sister-in-law: an amazing set of hiking pants from Mountain Hardwear. It was also the first test of my Barefoot shoes. I loved the shoes, but they separated a little bit at the toe. Hopefully, this is just a defect and not bad design. (Update, Hawley Lane gave me a new pair!)


As you can see, it was a gorgeous day outside. It felt amazing to be out in the sun! My knee felt great, my toenail is almost fully regrown (you don't want to know!) and my entire body felt strong. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to be able to keep up with everyone this time around.


On our way back down the tower path, we ran into the weirdest looking dog of all time. I thought a mix between a Shepherd and a Basset Hound was an awkward looking dog...

(Yes, this is a real dog!)

The dog we happened upon was a mix of a Basset Hound and...a St. Bernard. He was even more squat than the picture above, and his head was two times too big for his body. It seriously looked like someone took the head of a fully grown St. Bernard and slapped it on the body of a Basset Hound. If you're having a hard time imagining this, let me help you.


(This is a photo illustration, not a real dog, but pretty darn close to what it looked like!)

On a side note, the music player over on the side isn't updating and I've yet to hear back from Grooveshark about it. The option to export my playlist as a widget is gone, so please excuse the Easter songs at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment