Friday, March 11, 2011

NY Excursion

It took me much longer than I would've liked to get this post online, but hey, that's what happens when you're sick. After a very long work week and a quick photo shoot at the office today, I've finally found the time to sit down in front of the computer and knock this out.


I can't say enough how much I love Empanada Mama. As you can see from the top left photo, it's a tiny restaurant, but I guarantee you, it is worth any amount of wait. I also recommend that you order an extra batch to take home with you; leftovers are just as good. I tried the Chorizo (right middle) for the first time and it was phenomenal, but I think my favorite is still the Hawaiian (bottom left). I went with a Sweet Plantain for my dessert empanada, and while enjoyable, it didn't top the Fig, Mozzarella and Caramel from my first trip. The Romeo and Juliette, Guava and Mozzarella, is a close second. Topped off with a Guava frozen margarita and you have the perfect dinner.



So here are some of my photos from the night. I was playing around with my point and shoot camera and thought these were a fun perspective on the night. We spent the night and a great Irish Whiskey Bar called Failte, and we had the entire upstairs room for our party. Well, we were supposed to, but the make out couple in the center bottom photograph were not part of our group and wouldn't leave, so I figured they were fair game for shooting.  The end of the night is epitomized by the bottom right photo. Ah, passing out on the train.


Oh, and I just want to say, this poster is still creeping me out. What is up with the girl second from the left? Where is her neck? And the girl on the far right? Can you say Photoshop Disaster? Yikes!

Happy Weekend! I'm planning on sleeping off this sinus infection while watching DVD concerts. I bought Ben Folds performing with WASO ages ago and still haven't watched it.

1 comment:

  1. I am volunteering at an event this weekend working with the German Consulate to promote the Women's World Cup this year. I hope I don't need bionic, double jointed arms to wear one of those awesome outfits.

    ReplyDelete