Thursday, August 1, 2013

Ume & You Will Know Us By the Trail of the Dead at Spaceland Ballroom 07.10.13


I'm so far behind on concert photos, I'm not even going to write a lot for this one. Ume, a trio from Austin, Texas, was amazing to photograph. Lauren Larson throws her hair wildly throughout her set, all while playing a mean guitar. They were a ton of fun to photograph.
































And You Will Know Us By the Trail of the Dead, phew, what a mouthful. Loud, basically just screaming the entire time. Not my type of music and thanks to the guitarist, not easy to photograph. The light was fine in the beginning, but after the first song, he requested they turn the lights down. I've been trying to get full band shots during the first song, then move onto individual shots. The lack of lighting definitely made things harder. Luckily, I shot a lot during their first song. Their fans were pretty into the music, pushing each other around. The bass player even jumped off stage to mosh with them for a song. I had moved to the side at that point, so I was in the clear. I get a general sense of the audience when I shoot, especially when there is no photographers pit and up to this point, I usually get out of the way before things get too rough.
























No comments:

Post a Comment