Thursday, August 8, 2013

Gathering of the Vibes: Sunday


Sunday, I had a much better idea of what I was in store for. I was familiar with the set up, the media tent and a few of the photographers I'd been shooting beside. What was really exciting was the camaraderie between the photographers. It wasn't a competition with the majority of them and we'd happily compare shots after our allotted songs to shoot as we waited to dump files. I brought along my SX-70 Polaroid, which got a lot of cheers. I gave one photographer a memory card when her's malfunctioned.

Each band had their own photo policy. For some, you had to stand a certain distance away from the front of the stage, some only let you shoot two songs, some would not let freelancers in the pit. Luckily enough, I was shooting for an actual publication, so I had no issues. I didn't cover every band, mostly because I didn't want to have a ton of photos to turn around by Monday morning. The other thing I've noticed is that I've become much more content shooting a limited amount of songs. Sure, there are moments later on in a set that I would love to capture, but for the most part, I can get what I need to get.

Max Creek



















Blues Traveler












I heard another harmonica behind me and turned to find this little boy in the front row, directly in front of John Popper.












Black Crowes
























No comments:

Post a Comment