Thursday, June 27, 2013

Masuk High School Graduation


It was time. Five years ago, I experienced one of the most ridiculous/traumatic/hilarious photo assignments of my life. I haven't covered a single graduation since the "Green Shirt" incident. If I can take pictures at Radio City Music Hall, stare down a clown on stage and have Mrs. Christopher Walken yell at me, I can get over a silly high school graduation. I did my best to blend in clothes wise, except for my favorite pair of green shoes, and took a quick shoe selfie once I got onto the field. It is my signature shot after all...


This was a very formal graduation, with a class of over 300 students. There were no decorations on caps, no beach balls, no one really acting out. There were also five other photographers and four video cameras set up on the field; that's a lot for a high school graduation. You have to try to stay out of the way of the others and still get your shots. When you're not shooting, it's polite to squat down so that parents can have a clear view. They think that their iPhones are going to take incredible pictures from 500 feet away, but they get really vocal when you don't get out of their way.


















I'm glad to report that I was not yelled at.

No comments:

Post a Comment