Sunday, January 20, 2013

Alphabet Photo Challenge: B


B is for Bat

I've played a lot of softball in my days. I was on a traveling team by the age of 10 and spent every summer onwards playing softball all over the country: New York, Kansas, Texas to name a few. I remember a tournament where we played four games in one day and I caught all four of them.

In high school, my friend Andrew had a little wooden bat on his keychain. He liked to hit people with it, especially the knuckles of your hands. It didn't really hurt that much, but it was annoying and he thought he was so cool. Until the day I bought this little beauty.

You can't tell from the picture, but that bat is solid metal and it weighs a lot. And when you swing it at someone who's been hitting you with a bat of their own for several years, it leaves a mark. Needless to say, Andrew retired his bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment