Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween Costume Party


I went to the most elaborate Halloween costume party over the weekend. There was a mandatory dress code and these people stepped up to the challenge. I could not believe the creativity!

As the east coast prepared for Hurricane Sandy, my costume was a no brainer.


Here are some details from my costume. I wanted to give shout outs to some of my favorite internet sensations, which include: The Tesla Museum the Oatmeal helped save, Matt Paxton aka Spotty Showers from Hoarders & 5 Decisions Away, Frankenstorm, and The Bloggess who is going up against the Zombie Apocalypse in Texas. It also looks like a UFO is after her.


This is the whole backdrop and below myself in front of it. I was really proud that people could tell what I was: a weather forecaster. My entire costume cost $1.39!


The dog is another reference to Family Guy's weather man: Ollie Williams. "WHO WANTS THIS DOG?!?!"



Mario and Vanessa went as...well, I'm sure you can figure it out. And they kept their cost to less than $10!



Spider Bread Bowl


Vanessa was sporting her new Gotye t-shirt.


Everyone was impressed by Adam and Barbara Maitland from Beetlejuice and then they busted out their hand made masks. It was a show stopper!


My favorite, hands down, was the Yip Yip Monster from Sesame Street. It was so simple and so brilliant. Every time you saw this guy walking around the party, you couldn't help but smile.


The winners of the best costume award.

I hope everyone has made it through the storm safely. My house lost power around 6:00 PM Monday night and I expect it to be off for a few days. Luckily, the office has power, so I'll be recharging and making massive amounts of coffee as we try to figure out our print schedule for the newspapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment