Monday, November 14, 2011

Anyone want to go to a concert tonight?


I'm getting ready for my last big concert of the year. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds are playing at the Beacon Theater tonight and tomorrow. Noel's first solo album came out last week, FINALLY. I planned on doing a lengthy post about the new album and the way we purchase music these days, but I was sidelined last week with a nasty stomach bug. I still plan on getting to that post, but for now, it's time to think about the concert.

I can't wait to see Noel play live and the Beacon Theater looks like an amazing venue. I'm not as excited as I normally get because I know I'm not going to be getting pictures like I've become accustomed to. The last few shows I've attended, I've had my digital SLR and I've been beefing up my portfolio. I know I won't be able to swing that at the Beacon, so it's back to my Lumix. Don't get me wrong, that little camera is a champ, but I know I'm going to feel almost naked without my real camera. I think that says a lot.

And if anyone is in the area and wants to come see what I know will be a great show, let me know. I've got an extra ticket that I really just want to give away to someone that will enjoy music at this point. Hit me up in the comments if you're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment