Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Celebrating World Polaroid Day at the North Haven Fair

Painting on the side of a fun house

September 7th was World Polaroid Day, so I decided to take my SX-70 with me to the North Haven fair and only my SX-70. I got slightly twitchy only having 8 shots, but for the most part, I was thrilled with the results. I've become much more comfortable with this camera and have a pretty decent idea of how it's going to respond in situations. For the majority of these shots, I set the wheel to two clicks dark. The interior shots were taken using the Impossible Project's Mint Flash. (For those that really pay attention to my Polaroids, you'll know that I had a defective Mint Flash. It would fire after the camera ejected the photo. I explained the issue to the Impossible Project and they sent me a brand new one, no questions asked. The second fires perfectly.) All shots were taken on PX70 Color Protection with an Impossible Shield used to shade the photos as they ejected. To date, these are some of the best results I've gotten. The colors pop and the exposures are pretty dead on.



James inspecting the animals

Sheep! 
This shot reminds me of the horror movie Black Sheep, which is one of my all time favorite movies.

Milk bottle still life

James and I on the giant slides
You can see my shoe in the bottom left corner of the frame. I took this as we were sliding down, shot on the fly. I was thrilled with the result.

1 comment: