Monday, January 2, 2012

Let's start this year rocking



A new year, time for a new playlist. If you ever want to read the blog along to last year's songs, I've got a handy link for you here. 

If you'd rather have a separate link to my new playlist, you've got it here. I aim to please.

I think everyone has made a mix at some point in their life; I'm all about my old mix tapes. I really pour myself into the process. In my opinion, the best mixes have a natural flow to them. They draw you in, they hit you with high energy, they slow it down for a bit and get a little deep on you, then they build up to go out on a high note.

Unlike the organic playlist that followed along with my blog last year, there is a theme to this group of 14 songs. Almost all of the songs have a positive message and meaning for me, with a healthy dose of banjo. You're welcome.

It starts off with a couple instrumental tracks just to ease you into the mix. Then I let the next few tracks wow you with some incredible energy. I noticed I kept turning the volume up from one song to the next.

There's a little bit of self doubt in the middle, just like me, but not as much as I used to have. There's hope of change, of the way I'd like my life to be. A musical theme from the beginning is repeated and fleshed out; this is what I love about movie soundtracks.

The final three songs are full of power, joy and emotion. If you've never heard David Bowie perform with a gospel choir, you haven't lived until this moment. I can't really write anything to go along with the songs, because they say it all.

I hope you enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment