Monday, January 12, 2015

Best of 2014: Concert Photography


Unlike other concert photographers, I like to put together a collage at the end of the year using one photo from each concert that I covered. The shots I select from the night might not be the best that I took, but they have the most meaning to me. In 2014, I covered 25 shows and about 50 bands. It's the same amount of shows as I shot in 2013, with about 10 bands less. 2014 wasn't so much about quantity as it was about quality; I covered a lot of bands I have loved ever since I was a teenager. I shot in some old favorite venues: Cafe 9, The Space, The Ballroom, FTC Stage One. I covered the Vibes in Seaside Park for the second year in a row. I traveled to the House of Blues Boston for another 90's nostalgia show and had a blast in a spacious photographer pit. I relished the lighting at the Klein and XL Center and I hit up the Apollo in Harlem for my favorite band.


I can't wait to see what 2015 will bring! As always, thanks for taking the time to share these experiences with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment