Wednesday, December 17, 2014

TTNG at the Space 11.05.14


One of my favorite bands that I stumbled upon as a result of shooting for Surviving the Golden Age is the British math rock trio TTNG, formerly known as This Town Needs Guns. I photographed them as the opening act for Terra Melos in 2013, so I was really excited to see them as a headliner this time around at The Space in Hamden. While I'm not particularly fond of the dim lighting here, I pulled out a few tricks to get a few decent shots and one that is among my favorites that I took all year.

The band joked with the audience throughout the night and very engaging, in addition to being remarkably talented musicians. I tried some wide angle shots at the front of the stage, but my 20mm lens is not sharp in low light situations. I quickly moved to the side of the stage to be able to use my faster, zoom lenses. Lead singer Henry Tremain turns to the rest of the band, so there's no point in trying to shoot from his side of the stage. I was also lucky enough to have an excited fan at the front of the stage shooting video on his cell phone. The white assist light kicked up just enough light to get some lovely shots of guitarist Tim Collis, who spent the majority of the concert in the shadows.


































No comments:

Post a Comment