Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Here's to a little victory...


Today marked another milestone in my ongoing ACL reconstruction recovery. At this point, my challenges are mental and I've been working up the courage to do some tire jumps. The tire is about knee height, so for me, that's a pretty decent standing jump. Jumping up isn't the part that I have a block on, it's the jumping down part that still freaks me out because that's how I tore my ACL. No quick change of direction. No amazing play. I jumped for a rebound, I caught the ball, I landed. And CRACK! (Some people say they hear a pop, I definitely heard a crack.) I know my knee is strong enough, I know it's not going to happen again, but there's still that little voice in the back of my mind that tells me I shouldn't be doing this. Think about being afraid to jump for almost two years.

Well, today I did it! Although my landings were not the most graceful, it's amazing how you forget how to land when you haven't been jumping for this long, I'm glad I can chalk up one more victory, no matter how little it is.

I haven't been posting as much as I want to. Blogging is not as natural as I thought it would be. I've got a back log of photos and entries I've been organizing and I'm hoping to just get it done soon.

Pictured above is my nephew, James, who always loves to hide inside the tire at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment