Sunday, November 17, 2013

Happy Anniversary Rachel & Zach!


As I was searching through my old posts to find a shot for their anniversary, I realized I had made a HUGE mistake! Somehow, I managed to schedule this post in the future, so it never actually posted. ARRRRRRRRRG! I'm so mad at myself because this was a beautiful wedding. Better late than never, I suppose.

Rachel is one of my dearest friends and I love her family to bits. She's a former editor of the Monroe Courier, a paper I've been shooting for a lot this year. Rachel moved down to DC and met an amazing man named Zach, whom everyone agrees, is the sweetest guy you will ever find. I was excited to shoot their wedding because Old Town Alexandria is absolutely gorgeous. We had several amazing spots set aside for their portraits. That yellow wall? LOVE! Rachel and Zach are so natural together, which made my job super easy. It's been long over due, so I'll get right to the pictures.



Zach sent gifts to his bride to be periodically throughout the day. 




Rachel also left care packages for Zach. He's holding up a pack of tissues in that shot, and boy howdy, did he need them!




They did a first look before the wedding, and just as predicted, Zach let his emotions show. How sweet is he?





See what I'm saying about that wall?





Every corner of Old Town Alexandria has ridiculously picturesque facades. 








I grabbed Zach and Rachel to do a few shots at night outside the venue. The little girls on the street told Rachel she looked just like a princess and I couldn't agree more! I absolutely love the long exposure with people moving through the shot. I actually had to convince people to walk in front of the camera; they were being so polite and stopping!


Their guests came to party! From air guitars to the rabbi doing a head stand on the dance floor, every moment of the reception was a blast!



Rachel and Zach, I couldn't be happier for you and I'm still so touched that you allowed me to take part in your day! Happy anniversary!!

Hair & Makeup: Marc Rolleri
Florist: Petal’s Edge
Cake: Buzz Bakery 
Dresses: David’s Bridal
First Dance: “Without You” by Keith Urban
Father/Daughter Dance: “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong
Mother/Son Dance: “Love You Like a Rock” by Paul Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment