Sunday, July 17, 2011

Moy Biens Win!



Congratulations to my team captain, Greg, who finally won his first company softball game! The Moy Biens defeated Marty Queen of HANS 22-19.

I had an excellent game in the field at third base, although my hitting wasn't quite up to my standards. I'm not sure what it was, but swinging and running were just not what my knee wanted to do that day. Luckily, I had a strong team behind me to help out with the offense and I did my fair share of defense. I was able to catch all the line drives fired at me by both owners of the company, one with a diving back hand.

After the game, I did some quick icing to reduce the swelling in my knee and I recovered in half a day. (Last year my knee ballooned and I had to elevate and ice it the entire weekend.) It felt really good to not think about moving laterally, squatting to make plays or transferring all my weight to my surgical leg when I threw. And on top of it, my throwing arm feels amazing. That used to be super cranky after a game, so I guess all those presses, overhead carries and Turkish get ups are doing something. Thanks, Trainer Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment