Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Gotye



Above is the full 40 minute performance from KCRW's 2011 Morning Becomes Eclectic show. If you haven't checked out their shows, peruse them. The 2010 Eels show is one of my favorites. What I like about it, besides getting a feel for the performer live, they have great interviews in the middle of the show. Wally plays a good mix of songs from his second and third albums and his accent is to die for.

I can't believe this concert is finally happening. I started listening to Gotye last November, found that he was playing a show in Boston in March on a Thursday and bought tickets immediately.  Since then, his song Somebody I Used To Know has exploded. The venue for the Boston show changed to accommodate more fans and the ticket price doubled and he added a show at the closer Terminal 5. I haven't been this excited to go to a show in a long time.

It's been far too long since and Australian has taken the States by storm; probably since Steve Irwin did in the early 2000's. Crikey! I've been brushing up on my Aussie Slang and making sure to pronounce Melbourne like Mel-bin and in preparation. Also, while a lot of people are saying Got-yuh, it's more like Gore-T-yey. Don't try to understand where the invisible consonants come from; it's an Australian thing. Let's grab a frothy, heat up the barby for some burgers with dead horse and get pissed as a parrot!

No comments:

Post a Comment